- Powerful, fuel-injected, 4-stroke engine is easy on gas
- Select 2WD or 4WD via a handlebar-mounted lever
- Large fuel tank and plush seat delivers extended comfortable riding range
- Rugged bodywork and full racks to tackle any task
- The KingQuad 400’s fuel-injected, 376cc, four-stroke, four-valve engine produces efficient power and driveability.
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection smooth’s power output, especially in the mid-to-high range, and provides excellent cold starting. The system uses 3-D maps for optimum ignition, creating responsive yet environmentally compliant performance.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) uses an oil cooler and thermostat-controlled cooling fan to shed engine heat during hard work or cargo hauling.
- Push-button electric starting has a start-in-gear function—when the rear brake is applied—allowing starting without shifting to neutral (as conditions permit).
- The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has slip control logic, which adjusts fuel injector duration and timing to improve drivability and grip in loose/slippery conditions.
- Highly efficient iridium spark plug contributes to better combustion, cleaner emissions and longer plug life. Engine starting under low temperature is also improved.
- Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and catalyst-equipped exhaust system help the ATV comply with Canadian emission standards while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Five-speed transmission with semi-automatic clutch (automatic model available LT-A400FS) with reverse allows the rider to select the ideal gear for maximum traction and fuel efficiency.
- Select 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a handlebar-mounted lever. The shaft drive system is reliable and durable and is nearly maintenance-free.
- Torque-sensing limited-slip front differential provides maximum traction and light steering when in 4WD mode.
- High/low selectable sub-transmission provides wide-ranging versatility.
- Automotive gate-type gearshift lever lets you conveniently choose high or low range, neutral or reverse.
- The ECU has a Reverse Mode that monitors vehicle speed, so higher engine rpm can be used when getting out of mud or loose soil in reverse mode.
- Sporty bodywork features sharply angled, high-clearance fenders.
- Suzuki’s exclusive T-shaped seat delivers rider mobility during sport riding or tackling difficult terrain. It’s also plush for extended riding comfort.
- Overall length is under 82 inches (208 cm), so the KingQuad fits into a 6.5-foot truck bed for easy transportation.
- Independent front A-arm suspension offers smooth performance and remarkable ground clearance with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel.
- A swing-arm rear suspension with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel and twin shock absorbers provides agile handling and plush riding.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes feature calipers with large, 34mm pistons and wide brake-pad surface area for increased stopping power and outstanding durability.
- Large, 25-inch Carlisle tires with aggressive tread offer consistent traction in wet conditions, yet make for a quiet, smooth ride on hard-packed trails.
- The tires are mounted to rugged steel wheels powder-coated with a durable matte black finish.
- Lightweight and strong plastic skid plates are sturdy to withstand trail pounding, yet slippery to let obstacles slide below.
UTILITY / CONVENIENCE FEATURES
- Dual 35-watt headlights (with high and low settings) are part of the distinctive KingQuad grille appearance. Bright tail light helps make the ATV visible in dark conditions.
- Heavy-duty front and rear cargo racks let you take advantage of the ATV’s superb load capabilities. Wrinkle paint finish on the racks and front bumper is durable and scratch-resistant.
- LCD instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, trip meter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, and indicators for reverse, neutral, oil and FI (fuel injection).
- Automotive-style DC power outlet is included on front fender.
- Winch-ready mounts and wire conduit makes winch installation simple.
- Large, 4.2 gallon (16.0 L) fuel tank provides outstanding riding range.
- Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection.